VTA Operator Open Day & Mercedes-Benz Vito Preview
Jun 04 2015
The VTA recently hosted an open day for prospective Operator members. To coincide with the day, attendees were given an exclusive preview of the new Mercedes-Benz Vito taxi. Mercedes-Benz received informative feedback from Operators about the viability of this vehicle in the Victorian taxi industry and provided free coffee for guests.
Following the Mercedes-Benz preview, Operators sat in on an open meeting of the VTA Operator Collective and heard from VTA CEO David Samuel on the work of the VTA as well as the VTA’s positon on a number challenges currently facing the industry. The day concluded with Operators and Drivers enjoying lunch, catered by the ‘Sliders on Tyres’ food truck with VTA staff and Executive Council.
It was great to see many new faces to the VTA and welcome Operators taking advantage of the special offer on Operator membership at just $10 per taxi for the remainder of 2015.
VTA Operator Membership
Victorian taxi Operators now have the opportunity to be members of the Victorian Taxi Association, which provides members with:
- Industry representation and advocacy
- Member briefings, newsletters and updates
- Members only tools and advice
- Membership of the Operator Collective which meets at least 4 times per year and representatives on the VTA Council, the policy formation arm of the VTA
- Assistance for your drivers with compliance issues
- Discounted member rates at VTA Annual Conference, Annual Lunch and ATIA Conference
- Access to VTA member fuel deal with BP